Awarded Proposal Databases
These databases post information on proposals that were previously awarded. Please keep in mind that many sites provide only abstracts - not full proposals. This can be a good resource to help determine if your project is a potential match with the funder based on types of projects funded and award amounts.
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) - Central repository for grants awarded by the 12 DHHS operating divisions.
- Department of Defense - Database on research awards at DoD under the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Office.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - Contains a summary record for all non-construction EPA grants awarded in the last 10 years, plus other open grants.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) - Searchable database of awards that enhance science education for students at all levels.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) award data is available by state.
- NIH RePORTer - Contains abstracts as well as reports, data, and analysis of NIH research activities, including information expenditures and results.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - Includes abstracts that describe the research and names of principal investigators and their institutions.
- Noza - Locates funders who are giving to organizations similar to yours, tailors to funding amounts, geographic location, etc. (Note: this is not a free resource)