Proposal Writing Assistance
This section provides free, online information that is available to help you strengthen your proposal.
- The NC Biotechnology Center offers free grant training workshops for life sciences partners. Please be aware that the Center does not write proposals but rather seeks to help you improve your proposal through its grant writing tips. For more information, please contact Deborah De.
- Grant writing advice for businesses:
Business Training Schools - Provides information regarding the background work and proposal requirements.
- SBA Loans, Grants and Funding Resources - Provides a variety of options when it comes to financing your small business. In addition to traditional loans, you can explore other opportunities that range from grants and bonds to investor-based venture capital.
- Grants.gov - Provides several tools and documents to assist you in preparing a proposal for submission.
- NIH - The "Grants Process At-A-Glance" chart provides a sample of the timeline necessary for a competing application to proceed with each section and offers detailed information. Take a look at the NIH Peer Review Process to see a video of a mock study section meeting to provide an inside look at how NIH grant applications are reviewed for scientific and technical merit.
- Foundation Center - The Center provides training programs designed for grant-seekers who are looking to further develop their understanding of the foundation grant research and process as well as locating information on foundation funders.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - Provides insight into developing and writing a grant proposal.
- EPA Grant Writing Tips - Tips, guides and instruction to help with the grant-writing process and develop more competitive proposals.
If you are with a company that provides grant writing services with a focus on life sciences, please contact Susan Craft to add your information to the Center’s company directory and include a brief description of the services available.